When you have been using a PowerPoint presentation for inductions, and want to convert to using a WOL eLearning induction course, you may not want to have to re-create all of your content.
To avoid this, we will show you how to take your current content and insert it into the Induction Builder tool.
Extract Slides from Existing PowerPoint
First, you will need to get the content from your existing course:
- Open your PowerPoint presentation.
- Go to File > Save As.
- Change the file type to .jpg
- Click Save.
- You will see a pop-up window, click All Slides to save all of your slides.
- You will see another pop-up window, click OK.
Your slides will be saved as individual .jpg files ready to import to your WOL eLearning induction course.
Inserting Slides into WOL eLearning Induction Course
Before you can add content to your induction course you first need to Create a WOL eLearning Course.
Once your course has been created and you're ready to begin importing your slides, click on the blue Course button next to your induction course to start.
- Remove the existing text box using the orange X button, then click OK when prompted.
- Insert the single large image content block into the course page by clicking and dragging onto the page.
- Click the blue camera icon to change the image, select the file from your computer, and click Open.
The image will be in the correct dimensions to ensure it is viewable on all devices however, you can change this in the dimensions settings when the image is first imported.
- Click the button to set the image of your slide on the page.
- Use the options at the bottom of the screen to save the page, create a new page, add questions, etc.
When you have added all of the content to your induction course click the Close button to return to Induction Management and start sending it to your learners to complete - Sending your WOL eLearning Course to Learners.