How it works
These settings are used to configure who will receive help requests from service providers when they are signing in on your kiosk.
When a service provider is attempting to sign in but their name is not found, a Help button appears for them to request assistance. If you do not have any contacts set up they will be given the location’s phone number.
To access Service Provider Help for existing kiosks:
- Go to Tools > Locations.
- Click View next to your location.
- Select Sign In/Out Kiosks from the left-hand menu.
- Click View next to your kiosk.
- Select the Notifications tab, then select the Service Provider Help tab.
You can then set up the recipients to be notified when a service provider requests help on this kiosk.
Set up recipient notifications
You can send notifications by email and/or text to up to three employees and one non-employee.
Set the employees under the Send to this employee fields, and the non-employee under the Send to this non-employee field.
For each recipient, you can select Send Notification via Email and/or Send Notification via Text (SMS), and you will see the recipient’s email and/or cell phone number appear next to each option.
The help process explained
Here is an outline of the help process for service providers and the notification recipients:
The service provider taps Sign In, enters their name, and taps Next.
Their name is not found, and they are presented with an error message and selects Help.
There are two options to choose from, select either:
- My name can’t be found – their name cannot be found because they have not been approved to sign into this location. They can then either try again (in case they spelled their name wrong) or ask to be contacted.
- Can someone contact me – If there are recipients set up, the service provider is given the choice to either enter their cell phone number or email address to be contacted on. They enter their chosen contact details, tap Contact Me, and are presented with a confirmation page which times out after 20 seconds.
If there are no notification recipients set up in your settings, then the service provider will be given the location’s contact phone number.
The notification recipient will receive either an email or SMS notification depending on the type selected:
- Text (SMS)