What is the recommended device to setup as a Kiosk?
We recommend a standard Windows PC, with keyboard and mouse, because the profile of most Learners today suggest they are more comfortable navigating through a Course using this setup rather than a small screen device like an iPad or Tablet.
How many Induction Kiosks can we have at a location?
Does it cost to add Kiosks?
No - your license fee is not affected (go bananas and add as many as you want). Other than the cost of the kiosk hardware itself, which is your responsibility – you can add as many kiosks as you like to your location without any impact on your WhosOnLocation License.
How do we login to the Induction Portal when using the Induction Kiosk?
The kiosk must be connected to the internet with the homepage set to WhosOnLocation's login screen https://login.whosonlocation.com
Induction Kiosks work the same as 'Sign In/Out Kiosks' in that;
- Each Kiosk has a unique username (email address), a password, and a PIN.
- You simply login using the Induction Kiosk credentials you create.
How do you customize your kiosk with your logo and other brand elements?
Administrators can add a logo and/or background image, as well as apply other branding elements to your Induction Kiosks under Tools > Induction Management > Induction Kiosks > View > Layout.
We explain how to setup an induction kiosk, including branding in the next article.
How does a Learner use the Induction Kiosk to access their Courses?
Firstly they must be either:
- An employee setup in your WhosOnLocation account or;
- An 'active' Service Provider member setup in your WhosOnLocation account.
Assuming the Induction Kiosk is logged on to WhosOnLocation; the Learner simply goes to the Induction Kiosk and:
1: Selects Start Induction
2: They enter their name and select Next
3: They are presented with a list of people matching the name they entered and the organization the person works for.
- In most instances the only name listed will be their own however; where there are 2 or more people with the same name listed they will be able to identify themselves based on the organization listed.
4: They are then presented with a quick 3-step process where they:
- Review their contact details
- Confirm the Name of the Organization they work for is correct
- Watch a 'How the Induction Course Kiosk Works' video (note they can skip this step if required)
5: They are then presented with a list of courses they must complete.
6: They simply select Start to commence any course not yet started or Renew if they need to renew a previously passed course.
Which courses are presented on the Induction Kiosk?
All of the Courses where they are assigned as the Learner.