From time to time your receptionist or an employee may find themselves on the visitor side of the reception desk. In the event they feel their safety or security is compromised they may not be able to access their own PC to trigger a Panic Alarm. In this article we explain how to set up Panic Alarm so that it can be triggered using the kiosk itself.
1. Go to Tools > Locations
2. Click View next to your location
3. Select Sign In/Out Kiosks from the left-hand menu
4. Click View next to the Kiosk you want to manage
5. Select the Notifications tab
6. Select the Panic Alarm Notifications sub-tab
7. Select Enable Panic Alarm
8. Select your Activation Options
- 4 fast taps in any corner (other than top right) of the kiosk home screen
- 4 fast taps of the keyboard ‘space bar’.
9. Add the people you want to receive a Panic Alarm notification when Panic Alarm is activated. These can be any of the following people types:
- Panic Alarm Responders - This is any employee with the 'employee role type' of Panic Alarm Responder, or service provider with the service provider 'contact role type' of Panic Alarm Responder. Go to our earlier article to learn how to tag employees and/or service providers as Panic Alarm Responders. You can set up as many employees and service providers as Panic Alarm Responders as you want.
- Employees - You may enter up to three additional employees, who are not tagged as Panic Alarm Responders, to receive a Panic Alarm notification. You can choose any employee that is based at the location or any employee that has global roaming rights to the location.
- Non-Employee - You may enter one 3rd party person, a non-employee or service provider (again not tagged as a Panic Alarm Responder) to receive a Panic Alarm notification.
10. Select the types of notifications you want to send to your chosen recipients. You can choose to send each person:
- an email or text (sms) when a Panic Alarm event is Activated
- an email or text (sms) when the Panic Alarm event is Deactivated.
11. Click Save
Panic Alarm will be enabled for the kiosk and can be activated by any user who is educated on how to activate it using your selected methods in step 8 above.