Adding ID Cards uses the same process as adding tokens, the only difference being that you must use the token type linked to the ID Card Template set up in Identity Manager.
For more information on ID Cards and Token Types, have a look at the Creating an ID Card Template article.
Before you can add an ID Card to a person’s profile, you must have the ID Card Template created and linked to a Token Type, and you must have the correct user roles (as mentioned at the top of the article) assigned. If you do not have the correct user roles, please see the About User Roles article for information on these.
There are two methods to add tokens to employee or service provider member profiles, manually one-by-one, or in bulk via CSV import. This article will look at adding ID Cards manually, for information on adding tokens (and ID Cards) via CSV import, have a look at one of these articles:
When manually adding an ID Card for a person in WhosOnLocation, first you must navigate to the Tokens section in that person’s profile, then you can add a new ID Card Token.
Navigating to Tokens
This section is located in an individual’s profile, either an employee or a service provider member. While the method of navigating to Tokens is different for an employee or member, the method of adding an ID Card is the same.
You must have the Administrator user role assigned to access Employee profiles.
1. Go to Tools > Locations
2. Click View next to your employee’s location
3. Select Employees from the left-hand menu
4. Find the employee using the search tools
5. Click View next to their name
6. Select Employee Tokens from the left-hand menu
Service Provider Members
You must have the Service Provider Manager user role assigned to access Member profiles.
1. Go to Tools > Service Provider Manager
2. Select Members from the left-hand menu
3. Find the member using the search tools
4. Click View next to their name
5. Select Member Tokens from the left-hand menu
Adding an ID Card
You must have the Identity Manager user role assigned to add an ID Card.
1. Click Add Token
2. Select the Token ID Type - This must be the type which is linked to the ID Card template
3. Enter the Token ID Number - You can enter a number manually or select one of the automatic options:
- System ID - A number randomly generated by the WhosOnLocation system
- Employee ID - The ID number entered in the person's Profile Details during setup (employees only)
4. (Optional) Enter an Issued Date - This will be printed on the ID Card if enabled on the template
5. (Optional) Enter an Expires Date - This will be printed on the ID Card if enabled on the template
6. Click Save
You can edit the ID Card at any time by clicking View and you can delete the ID Card by clicking Remove.
Once you have finished adding your ID Card you will be ready for printing. Please see our article Printing an ID Card for information on this next step.