How it works
When your visitors, contractors, or employees are signing into your location, you may require them to sign a waiver or NDA, agree to conditions of entry, acknowledge they have read your health and safety process, etc. You can do this in WhosOnLocation using the signature required feature.
To capture a person's signature, you must create a custom questionnaire and enable the signature required option. Custom questions can be anything from a multi-choice question to an embedded video. You can enable the signature required option on the waiver or image waiver type custom questions.
Once a custom questionnaire has been activated and answered, you cannot edit any of the options without creating a new questionnaire, meaning that any previous submissions will need to be resubmitted. Ensure that all settings and details are correct before activating your questionnaire.
The setup steps are:
- Create a custom questionnaire
- Create a waiver or image waiver question with signature required enabled
- Enable the custom questionnaire
Create a custom questionnaire
To capture a signature on sign-in, you first need to create a custom questionnaire to set up a signature required question.
- Go to Locations, then select the location from the drop-down list.
- Select Sign In/Out Questions.
- Select the Custom Questionnaires tab.
- Click Create a New Questionnaire.
- Add a Questionnaire Name. This is the title of the questionnaire used to identify it.
- Select the Questionnaire Target Audience. Your questionnaire can be for visitors or contractors or employees.
- Select the frequency your questionnaire will be displayed.
- Click Save.
The questionnaire will be created ready to add a signature required question. If you want to capture signatures for multiple people types, you will need to create a custom questionnaire for each person type.
Create a signature required question
There are two types of custom questions that you can enable signature required for: waiver and image waiver.
If you create a waiver question you can enter a waiver/NDA/agreement etc. as text for the person signing in to agree to. There are text formatting options available or you can copy and paste your text from an outside source.
If you create an image waiver question, you can upload an image from your computer with information that the person signing in must agree to.
With your custom questionnaire created, from the Custom Questionnaires tab of Sign In/Out Questions:
- Click Manage next to your questionnaire.
- Click Add Question.
- Enter the question. This acts as the title of your waiver.
- Select the question type: Waiver or Image Waiver.
- (Recommended) Select the checkbox next to Answer Share.
This will be included as part of the visitor notification sent to the Host. It must be enabled for the host to get a copy of the signed 'waiver'. If you don't want to send a copy you can still enable and the host will be told that the guest has signed. Answer Share is only available if you have visitor/contractor hosting enabled in Sign In/Out Questions.
- Enter the waiver information depending on the type of waiver:
Waiver - Enter the text to be displayed on the screen for the person signing in to accept/acknowledge/etc
Image waiver - Upload the image from your computer to be displayed on the screen for the person signing in to accept/acknowledge/etc
- (Recommended) Select the checkbox next to Compulsory Question. This will prevent the person signing in from skipping the question.
- (Optional) Click Add an Option to add the answers to the question. Options are 'I Accept', 'I Acknowledge', etc. If the question is compulsory, you must set up at least one option.
- Select the checkbox next to Signature Required.
- (Optional) Choose who you want to send a copy of the signed waiver to:
Send Copy to Guest - This will send a copy of the 'waiver' and their signature to the person signing in. This can be sent via email or text. You must have either the Cellphone number or Email address question turned on for a Visitor to receive this copy. And you must have this information in WhosOnLocation for a contractor or employee to receive this copy.
Send Copy to Host - This will send a link to the signed 'waiver' to the host of the Guest. This can only be enabled if Answer Share is enabled and will be included as part of the sign in notification email only.
Send to this employee - Enter any employee (s) that are currently set up in your account that you want to receive a copy of the signed 'waiver'.
Send to the non-employee - Enter a non-employee email address to receive a copy of the signed 'waiver', this could be a generic email address within your company to collect these or it could be a third-party that needs to verify these e.g. your company lawyers or any other email address
- (Optional) Set the Parent Question - If you only want this waiver to appear if a previous question was answered a certain way. Parent questions are currently only available for answers to other custom questions in the same custom questionnaire.
- (Optional) Set the Question Timeout - This will cancel the sign-in process after the selected amount of time with no activity on the screen for security and privacy reasons. This is mostly useful if the person signing in is distracted and leaves the kiosk with information on the screen.
- (Optional) Set the Question Pause Time- The amount of time that must pass before the person signing in can answer the question or agree to the waiver.
- Click Save and Close.
The waiver will be added to your custom questionnaire. You can add as many questions to your questionnaire as you like and re-order them so that they are set up for your needs.
When you're done, click Back to Sign In/Out Questions to return to the list of questionnaires.
Activating the custom questionnaire
When your questionnaire is complete, you will need to activate it where you want it presented.
Once your questionnaire is enabled and a guest has answered a question, it cannot be changed without cloning the questionnaire to make a new one. Ensure that your questionnaire is fully complete before activating it.
To activate a questionnaire for sign in/out:
- Click the current status.
- Click Activate.
- Select where you want the questionnaire to appear.
- Click Save.
There are no restrictions around activating a questionnaire for sign in/out or on different kiosks, sign in/out manager, or WolMobile. You can activate it anywhere that you want it to appear.
You can also activate the questionnaire from the Custom Questionnaires tab. Click on the status and follow the same steps as above. Any changes are applied immediately.