Integrity in your Visitor Policy
Maintaining an accurate record of visitor sign in and out times is important as it retains a high level of integrity in your Evacuation Reporting and historical visitor reporting functions. However; best intentions are not always reflected in reality. Visitors do forget to sign out.
Ideally, you would communicate a clear visitor hosting policy to your employees that outlines best practices like:
- Ensuring your visitor signs out
- That doing so is part of your employee, asset, and intellectual property security policy and;
- That ensuring your visitors sign out helps your organization meet a fundamental regulatory obligation - to be able to account for people in the event of an emergency.
Regardless of policies and communication sometimes visitors just do not sign out.
So how can WhosOnLocation help ensure you are not accumulating visitor records where the visitor is never signed out?
In this article, we show you how to setup a visitor auto sign-out time for any location.
How to setup a visitor auto sign out time for a location
- Navigate to Tools > Locations
- Select the green View button beside the location you wish to manage
- Select Location Settings from the left-hand menu.
- Select the time/clock icon (or click inside the time field) for the Auto Sign Out Visitors option.
- Use the up and down widgets to adjust the time.
Note: The clock is in the format set under Location Details. It can be either 24-hour or AM/PM.
- Select Save in footer of screen
Where can you find a list of visitors auto signed out
- Go to Reporting > People Presence (You must have the Reports User user role to access these reports).
- Choose your reporting period and select Visitors as the data source.
- Select View Report to see the report in data format.
- Use View Columns and add Signed Out and Sign Out Mode to your visible columns on the screen.
- Visitors signed out automatically will have Auto entered in the Sign Out Mode column.
- You can export your report as a PDF or CSV file using the Export Report button.