You will need:
- An iPad running iOS 10+ - we would recommend an iPad Air with Wi-Fi + Cellular (Note: Cellular functionality is to support areas with weak or no access to Wi-Fi)
- Your Apple ID for the iPad
Step 1: Setup a New Kiosk in your WOL Account
- Go to Tools > Locations
- Click View next to the location in which you want to set up a kiosk
- Select Sign In/Out Kiosks from the left-hand menu
- Select the Create a New Kiosk button
- Complete the fields in the first tab titled 'Settings'
- Make sure the field titled 'Kiosk Device' is set to iPad
- Make sure that Print Sharing is NOT enabled as the iPad does not use this
- Complete the remaining kiosk fields and remember to note the Username, Password, and PIN
- Go through the rest of the tabs entering the necessary information
You can find all the information you might need in our Helpdesk series Setting Up a Sign In/Out Kiosk
- Select Save and Close
Step 2: Download Wolkiosk onto your iPad
- Turn your iPad on
- Go to the App Store and search for WolKiosk (Click this link)
- Download WolKiosk onto your iPad
- Open WolKiosk once download completed
- The WolKiosk for iPad opens and advises you that you must have an account. Don't worry you already do. Just Continue
- After installing WolKiosk it will be saved to your iPad Home Screen
- Open WolKiosk
- Login to WolKiosk using the Username and Password you created in Step 1 above
- Sign in your first visitor.
You may want to check the kiosk settings to ensure your printer and/or barcode scanner are installed correctly. You can do this by clicking this icon in the top right-hand corner.
When you're done click Enter Kiosk to return to the Home Screen.