In this article you will learn how to Activate Scan-in Questionnaire Options for Service Providers.
When a service provider scans their token to sign in on a specific kiosk you may want the scan in workflow to be very simplistic with no requirement whatsoever for the service provider to have to answer ANY questions. In other words, the act of scanning in simply results in the system recording the fact the token holder is now onsite; along with date and time of scan of course.
Alternately you may wish the service provider to have to answer a range of questions like:
- Are you visiting someone while onsite?
- Are you using our car park?
- Do you have a work order?
To select your workflow option for service providers who scan in and out:
- Go to Tools > Locations > View > Questionnaire Manager
- Click ‘Basic Questions Service Providers’, then ‘Token Scan Rules’
- You can choose between three different rules:
- Do Not Present any questions: Simple Tag on, Tag Off means: The service provider is not presented with any questions. They simply scan in and then on departure scan out.
- Present Basic Questions Only means: after scanning their token the kiosk will present any active basic questions setup under ‘Basic Questions for Service Providers’.
- Present Basic Questions and then any Custom Questions means: after scanning their token the kiosk will present any active basic questions setup under ‘Basic Questions for Service Providers’ AND then any active Custom Questions active on the kiosk they are scanning in to.
- Select Save
Regardless of which workflow option you activate above the system records the date and time the token holder scans in and out, where they scanned in and out, and the answers to any questions they may have been presented with.