About the Account Date Format
Examples include, but are not limited to:
- When visitors sign or out – a date and time is applied to the transaction.
- When employees sign in or out - a date and time is applied to the transaction
- When Service Providers sign in or out - a date and time is applied to the transaction
- When visitors are pre-registered by employees - a date and time is applied to the transaction
- Reporting - Date and time filters are used to create reports
Your WhosOnLocation account will format all dates based on the Date Format you select at the Account level (unless you have a specific location that requires a different Date Format to that applied at the Account level).
There are two Date Formats:
- Day, Month, Year (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Month, Day, Year (mm/dd/yyyy)
In most instances the Date Format you select at the Account level will be that of where you, the Account Owner, is based. So if you are in the United States, the mm/dd/yyyy format would be typically chosen. Whereas if you are in London, Australia, or say New Zealand then the dd/mm/yyyy format would be chosen.
Can I change the Account level Date Format for a specific location?
When you add a location to your account the account level Date Format will automatically be applied.
However if the location is outside of your own country and the citizens of the country use a different Date Format to that chosen as your Account level, you can apply a location specific Date Format.
In other words the Account level Date Format serves as the ‘default’ Date Format for all locations unless changes are made at the Location level.
Setting your Date Format
Go to Tools > Account
Select the Account Profile option in the red box below and then the Localization tab in the orange box below:
Apply your updates then select Save.