There are a range of functions within your WhosOnLocation account used to display or return date and time information. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- When visitors sign or out – a date and time is applied to the transaction.
- When employees sign in or out - a date and time is applied to the transaction
- When contractors sign in or out - a date and time is applied to the transaction
- When visitors are pre-registered by employees - a date and time is applied to the transaction
- Reporting - Date and time filters are used to create reports
Your WhosOnLocation account will format all dates based on the Date Format you select at the Account level (unless you have a specific location that requires a different Date Format to that applied at the Account level).
There are two Date Formats:
- Day, Month, Year (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Month, Day, Year (mm/dd/yyyy)
In most instances the Date Format you select at the Account level will be that of where you, the Account Owner, is based. So if you are in the United States, the mm/dd/yyyy format would be typically chosen. Whereas if you are in England, Australia, New Zealand, etc, then the dd/mm/yyyy format would be chosen.
Location Specific Date Format
The account level date format is used as the default when adding all locations.
However, if the location is outside of your own country, and the citizens of that country use a different date format, you can apply a location specific date format. This is set up when creating the location and can be edited at any time.
Please have a look at our Helpdesk article Location Details for more information.
Setting your Date Format
To access and change your date format:
1. Go to Tools > Account
You will land on the Account Profile page
2. Select the Localisation tab
3. Select the Date Format
4. Click Save
This will change the default date format for your account, however, any existing locations will keep their current date format. If these need to be changed, it will have to be done at the location level.