How it works
Many features display or return date and time information. Examples include:
- When visitors sign or out – date and time are applied to the transaction.
- When employees sign in or out - date and time are applied to the transaction
- When contractors sign in or out - date and time are applied to the transaction
- When visitors are pre-registered by employees - date and time are applied to the transaction
- Reporting - date and time filters are used to create reports
Your account will format all dates based on the date format you select at the account level (unless you have a specific location that requires a different date format to that applied at the account level).
There are two date formats:
- Day, Month, Year (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Month, Day, Year (mm/dd/yyyy)
In most instances the date format you select at the account level will where the Account Owner is based. If you are in the United States, the mm/dd/yyyy format would be typically chosen. If you are in England, Australia, New Zealand, then the dd/mm/yyyy format would be chosen.
Location-specific date format
The account level date format is used as the default when adding all locations.
However, if the location is outside of your own country, and the citizens of that country use a different date format, you can apply a location-specific date format. This is set up when creating the location and can be edited at any time.
Set your date format
To change your date format:
- Go to Tools > Account.
- Under Account Profile, select the Localisation tab.
- Select the date format.
- Click Save.
This will change the default date format for your account, however, any existing locations will keep their current date format. If these need to be changed, it will have to be done at the location level.