In this article we show you how to add Asset Groups. You must be an Asset Manager with either Global or Manager rights to add Groups.
Setting Up Asset Groups
- Navigate to Tools > Asset Manager.
- Select Manage Asset Groups from the asset directory on the left side of screen.
- Select the Create a new Asset Group button.
- Enter a Name for your Asset Group.
- Select the Asset Class for your Asset Group.
- Transferable: means the asset can be issued out (given to) a person. Examples include PPE gear, keys, and cards.
- Fixed Location: means the asset is fixed in a set location. Like a Wind Turbine or a piece of Machinery that stays on-site. These assets can be issued out but the context would be you are assigning ‘control’ of the asset to the person.
- Enter a Description for your Asset Group
- Select Save.
- Your new Group will now appear in your list of Groups.