You must be an Administrator to be able to grant WolEvac rights to an employee. If you haven't activated WolEvac in your WhosOnLocation account this must be done first by your account owner.
Activating WolEvac Add-on
- Go to Tools > Account.
- Select Add-on Management from the left-hand menu.
- Click Yes for the add-on.
- Click Save.
Setting up a WolEvac User
To set up an employee you will need to perform two steps:
- Grant employee WolEvac access right.
- Send employee with the role type ‘Manager” WolEvac application link.
Grant WolEvac Rights
- Go to Tools > Locations.
- Click View next to your location.
- Select WolEvac from the left-hand menu.
- Select Add WolEvac User.
- Enter the name of the employee and select them.
Please Note: You can choose any employee in your organization regardless of where that employee is based to be a WolEvac user for the specific location.
- Set their User Type.
Manager – A WolEvac Manager can create and close WolEvac events. They need to be sent an automatically generated WolEvac code to activate this ability. They will then be able to save a shortcut to WolEvac on their phone to create events.
Assistant – A WolEvac Assistant can only join events created by a Manager. They are automatically invited to join an event by text as soon as one is created. They do not need a WolEvac code and do not need to save a WolEvac shortcut to their phones.
- Click Add Employee.
Send User WolEvac App Link
Step two is to send any employee with the role type ‘Manager’ a link to the WolEvac application. This will allow them to add the WolEvac web-app to their phone.
- Select the checkbox next to their name.
- Select from the 'Run Action' drop down list Send Code to Manager.
- Select from “Method’ drop down list to either send via email or text message. We recommend sending via text message.
- Click Run Action.
The employee will be sent a link to the WolEvac web-app and their unique Access Code.
Click here for instructions on adding WolEvac to your phone.