Record certifications in employee profiles using the certifications manager add-on. An employee with the Certifications Manager user role can manage your organization’s certification list.
How it works
Use the certifications management add-on to:
- Keep track of whether an employee's qualifications, certifications, health records, and accreditations are current and verified
- Store documents linked to the certification in the employee's profile
- Comply with workplace regulations
- Monitor whether an employee is permitted to carry out a task while on-site
There are two permission levels with the Certification Manager user role:
- Global - users can add, update, and remove any certification. They can verify certifications if this role is selected in a specific certification and view all certifications in the certifications report.
- Limited - users can access certifications for a specific location or certification type. They can add, update, and remove any certification that meets these criteria, and view these certifications in the reporting. They can also verify certifications if this role is selected in a specific certification.
Once you've enabled the add-on and been assigned the user role, you can:
- Add certification
- Set up expiry notifications
- Report on certifications
- Add a certification to an employee profile (if you have the Administrator user role)
Certifications are also available for contractors.
Enable the add-on
Certifications Management is an add-on that must be activated by the Account Owner.
To activate the add-on:
- Go to Tools > Account.
- Select Add-on Management from the menu on the left.
- Click Yes next to the Certifications Management add-on.
- Click Save.
Next step: Give an employee in your organization the Certifications Manager user role.