Here's how we start Internet Explorer in kiosk mode in Windows 8/10 and go straight to WhosOnLocation page.
- Navigate to the folder C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer
- Locate the file iexplore.exe
- Right-click it and select Create shortcut
If Windows offers to place the shortcut on your desktop, select Yes.
- Right-click and select Rename
- Name your shortcut WhosOnLocation
- Right-click and select Properties
- In the Properties of the shortcut, set the Target to:
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -k https://login.whosonlocation.com
Your shortcut will be created on the desktop and, when opened, direct you straight to the WhosOnLocation login page. If you have already logged into WhosOnLocation previously, you will be automatically logged in as well.
Use WhosOnLocation Logo as a File Icon
If you want the shortcut icon to display with the WhosOnLocation logo (instead of the default IE logo):
- Save this WOL icon file somewhere on your PC:
- Right-click on the shortcut on your desktop
- Select Properties
- Select Change icon
- Click Browse
- Select the icon file from your computer and click Open
- Click OK on the Change Icon box
- Click Apply on the Shortcut Properties
Now your shortcut will display with the WOL logo.