Here's how to start Internet Explorer in kiosk mode in Windows 8/10 and go straight to WhosOnLocation page.
Set up the shortcut
- Go to the folder C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer.
- Find the file iexplore.exe.
- Right-click on it, then select Create shortcut.
If Windows offers to place the shortcut on your desktop, select Yes.
- Right-click on the shortcut, then select Rename.
- Name your shortcut WhosOnLocation.
- Right-click on the shortcut, then select Properties.
- Set the Target to:
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -k https://login.whosonlocation.com
All quotation marks must be included.
Your shortcut will be created on the desktop. When opened, it will direct you straight to the WhosOnLocation login page. If you have already logged into WhosOnLocation previously, you will be automatically logged in as well.
Use WhosOnLocation logo as a file icon
If you want the shortcut icon to display with the WhosOnLocation logo (instead of the default IE logo):
- Save this WOL icon file somewhere on your PC:
- Right-click on the shortcut on your desktop.
- Select Properties, then click Change icon.
- Click Browse, then select the icon file from your computer and click Open.
- Click OK, then click Apply.
Now your shortcut will display with the WOL logo.