Status codes indicate the result of the HTTP request:
- 1XX - informational
- 2XX - success
- 3XX - redirection
- 4XX - client error
- 5XX - server error
Common status codes returned by WhosOnLocation are:
- 200 – The request has succeeded (with output)
- 204 – The request has succeeded (without output)
- 400 – Bad request may be malformed or missing data. See return message.
- 403 – Forbidden. API key may be restricted to other endpoints.
- 404 – Resource not found
- 405 – Method not allowed (e.g. DELETE on a non-deletable resource)
- 429 – Rate limited due to excessive requests, please retry after short pause
- 500 – Server error. We were unable to process the request (and our development have been notified)