There are 2 steps to setting up printing using a Brother Printer:
- Install the Brother Printer on the Receptionist’s PC or Kiosk as per the Manufacturer’s Instructions.
- Set the Printer Preferences, from the Devices and Printers section of the Control Panel, to match those of the Badge Pass Template you set up.
Each step should only take you a couple of minutes. After doing this you should refer back to the Getting Started Printing Guide on the next steps.
- Open your Brother Printer box and install it on to the Wi-Fi network or via hardwire by following the install guide that came with the printer, or you can download the latest drivers from Brothers website.
- You need to set the Brother Printer preferences to match those of the Badge Pass Template you setup.
- Go to the Control Panel. You will find this by right-clicking the Start button on the desktop or..
- If the PC or Kiosk has a later version of Windows installed, you can bring up the Charm Bar on the right side of the desktop and select Settings to find the Control Panel
- Within the Control Panel select Devices and Printers
- Locate your Brother printer
- Right-click on the printer and select Printing Preferences
- Set the Paper Size to match the Template you setup in your WhosOnLocation Account and make sure the same labels are installed in the printer.
- Set Orientation to Landscape
- Set Quality to: 300 x 300 dpi
- Enable Options to Cut at Every ‘1’ and Cut at End
- Now Select Apply and then OK
- Next check that the printer is working right-click on the Brother printer and select Printer Properties
- Select Print Test Page. If the printer is installed correctly the printer should print out a test label. If it does not, recheck that the Labels are installed in the printer, also that the printer is turned on, and the USB cable is connected.
Well Done! Now you have completed the Install of the Brother Printer.
There’s one final step in activating printing, and that is to link the kiosk or the account to the installed printer. We show you how to do this across a variety of browsers and or for an iPad. Please consult the Getting Started with Printing Guide to be taken to the relevant article to your requirements.
If you have any questions about Badge Pass Printing please refer to the Badge Pass Printing F.A.Q.