There are three pre-requisites you need to have completed before proceeding:
- You have created a Badge Pass Template. If you have not done so already, please view our Setting up Badge Pass Templates article.
- You have installed your printer onto your Receptionist’s PC. If you have not done so already, please view our Getting Started with Printing guide and install your printer.
- Your Receptionist has their username and password to your WhosOnLocation account enabled.
There are 2 steps to linking your Receptionist’s PC to the Printer you installed:
- Download the Meadco Script, our automated printing tool, on to the receptionist PC.
- Link the receptionist WhosOnLocation account to print to the installed Printer.
Each step should only take you a couple of minutes.
- In this step we need you to download the Meadco Scriptx. Scriptx is a tool that enables Badge Passes to be automatically printed from WhosOnLocation without the need for the Receptionist to select a printer each time they print a badge. You must be an administrator of the receptionist’s PC to install the Meadco Scriptx file.
- While on the receptionist’s PC open the Internet Explorer browser in Desktop mode (not tile mode) and go to the login screen of WhosOnLocation. You’ll know the browser is opened in Desktop mode because the browser address bar is at the top of the screen, and not the footer.
- Login to the WhosOnLocation Account using the receptionist’s username and password.
- From the Homescreen of the Receptionist’s account select Helpdesk from the upper toolbar and then select Advanced Printing Options.
- You will be prompted to install the Meadco Script plugin.
- Select Click Here to initialize the plugin install for Internet Explorer
- There may be a delay of a few seconds and you may need to confirm you wish to install the ScriptX. Once this window appears click ‘Install’
- The install will start in the background and once completed you will be presented with a confirmation window where you select the close this window link
- This will return you to the main Home screen of WhosOnLocation.
- Close down Internet Explorer (there is no need to log off).
In Step 2 we link the receptionist WhosOnLocation account to print to the Printer.
- Re-launch Internet Explorer
- From the Home screen again select Helpdesk and select Advanced Printing Options from the dropdown menu
- Select ‘Change Default Printer’
- Choose the Printer from the printer list
- Select Choose
- To test the setup select Print Test Label
- Select Close
- Your receptionist is now ready to start signing visitors in and printing badges. All they need to do is select the green View button found alongside the Location Manager role.
If you have any questions about Badge Pass Printing, please refer to the Badge Pass Printing F.A.Q.