There are three pre-requisites you need to have completed before proceeding:
- You have created a Badge Pass Template. If you have not done so already, please view our Setting up Badge Pass Templates article.
- You have installed your printer onto your Kiosk PC. If you have not done so already, please view our Getting Started with Printing guide and install your printer.
- You have created a Kiosk profile in your WhosOnLocation account with a unique username, password and PIN number.
And there are three steps to linking your Kiosk PC to the printer you have installed:
- Turn off Advanced Printing for your badge pass.
- Set the default printer for your computer.
- Enable Silent Printing and configure the settings.
Turn off Advanced Printing
By default all badge passes have the Advanced Printing setting enabled, this allows the badge pass to be printed using the MeadCo ScriptX plugin.
As this method does not use the plugin, you will need to disable this setting in the badge pass.
- Go to the desktop application of WhosOnLocation.
- Go to Tools > Locations.
- Click View next to your location.
- Select Badge Passes from the left-hand menu.
- Click View next to your badge pass.
- Set Enable Advanced Printing to No.
- Click Save.
Your badge pass can now be printed in Firefox using silent printing.
Set Default Printer
You will need to set your printer as the default in the Windows control panel.
- Open the Control Panel on your computer.
- Go to Devices and Printers.
- Right-click your printer.
- Select Set as default printer.
Enable Silent Printing
You can now configure your printing settings and add the silent printing command to the browser.
- Open Firefox.
- Go to Menu > Print...
- Click Page Setup...
- Set the Orientation to Landscape.
- Set the Scale to Shrink to fit Page Width.
- Enable Print Background (colors & images).
- Select the Margins & Header/Footer tab.
- Set the margins as follows:
- Set all Headers & Footers to blank.
- Click OK.
- Click Close on the print page.
- Enter about:config in the address bar.
- Right-click anywhere on the list and select New > Boolean.
- Enter print.always_print_silent.
- Click OK.
- Set the boolean value to true.
- Click OK.
Your badge passes will now print automatically from your Kiosk. Log into your Kiosk now and sign in a test visitor.