Before you start
Install the Dymo 450 or 450 Turbo printer onto the receptionist’s PC or kiosk following the install guide that comes with your printer.
Install your printer
Set the Dymo printer preferences to match those of the badge pass template you set up:
- On the receptionist’s PC or kiosk, go to the Control Panel. You will find this by either by right-clicking on the Start button or for Windows 8 or later bring up the Charm Bar and select Settings to find the Control Panel.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Locate your Dymo 450 printer.
- Right-click on the Dymo 450 printer, then select Printing Preferences.
- Set Orientation to Landscape.
- Set Page Order to Front to Back.
- Select Advanced.
- Set the Paper Size to match the template you set up in your WhosOnLocation Account and make sure the same labels are installed in the printer. Your options would be:
If your Badge Pass Template size in your WOL Account is 101 x 54mm (3.976” W x 2.126” H) then set Paper Size preferences to be 99014 Shipping or 99014 Name Badge Label.
If your Badge Pass Template size in your WOL Account is 70 x 54mm (2.755” W x 2.126” H) and the label is supplied by Dymo then set Paper Size preferences to be 99015 Diskette.
If your Badge Pass Template size in your WOL Account is 70 x 54mm (2.755” W x 2.126” H) and the label is a time-expiring label supplied by TEMPbadge (code 06151 or 02050) then set Paper Size preferences to be 99015 Diskette.
- Set Graphics Print Quality to 300 x 300 dots per inch.
- Set Print Quality to Text Only.
- Set Print Density to Light.
- Select OK, then exit the Control Panel.
There’s one final step in activating printing, and that is to link the receptionist’s WhosOnLocation account and/or kiosk to the installed printer. Please check the Getting Started with Printing Guide to find the relevant article.
If you have any questions about Badge Pass Printing please, check the Badge Pass Printing FAQ's article.