There are 2 steps to setting up printing using a Dymo 450 or 450 Turbo Printer:
- Install the Dymo Printer on the Receptionist’s PC or Kiosk as per the Manufacturer’s Instructions.
- Set the the Printer Preferences to match those of the Badge Pass Template you have setup.
Each step should only take you a couple of minutes.
- Open your Dymo Printer box and install the Dymo printer on to the Receptionist’s PC or Kiosk following the install guide that comes with your Dymo 450 or 450 Turbo printer.
- You need to set the Dymo Printer preferences to match those of the Badge Pass Template you setup. Once the printer is installed on the Receptionist’s PC or Kiosk go to the Control Panel. You will find this by right-clicking the Start button on the desktop or..
- If the PC or Kiosk has a later version of Windows installed you can bring up the Charm Bar on the right side of the desktop and select Settings to find the Control Panel
- Within the Control Panel select Devices and Printers
- Locate your Dymo 450 printer
- Right-click on the Dymo 450 printer and select Printing Preferences
- Set Orientation to Landscape
- Set Page Order to Front to Back
- Select Advanced
- Set the Paper Size to match the Template you setup in your WhosOnLocation Account and make sure the same labels are installed in the printer. Your options would be:
- If your Badge Pass Template size in your WOL Account is 101 x 54mm (3.976” W x 2.126” H) then set Paper Size preferences to be 99014 Shipping or 99014 Name Badge Label.
- If your Badge Pass Template size in your WOL Account is 70 x 54mm (2.755” W x 2.126” H) and the label is supplied by Dymo then set Paper Size preferences to be 99015 Diskette.
- If your Badge Pass Template size in your WOL Account is 70 x 54mm (2.755” W x 2.126” H) and the label is a time-expiring label supplied by TEMPbadge (code 06151 or 02050) then set Paper Size preferences to be 99015 Diskette.
- Set Graphics Print Quality to 300 x 300 dots per inch
- Set Print Quality to Text Only
- Set Print Density to Light
- Select OK and then exit the Control Panel.
- Well done! That completes the Install of the Dymo 450 Printer.
There’s one final step in activating printing, and that is to link the Receptionist’s WhosOnLocation account and/or Kiosk to the installed printer. Please consult the Getting Started with Printing Guide to be taken to the relevant article to your requirements.
If you have any questions about Badge Pass Printing please refer to the Badge Pass Printing FAQ's.