In this article, we will show you how to set up an iPad using WolKiosk and printing to a Brother QL-720NW, QL-810W or QL-820NWB.
There are five pre-requisites you need to have completed before proceeding:
- You have created a Badge Pass Template. If you have not done so already, please view our Setting up Badge Pass Templates article before proceeding.
- You have installed the printer onto your Wi-fi network. This being the same wi-fi network that will be used by your iPad. They must be the same for iPad to Brother printer connections to work. If you have not connected your Brother printer to the wi-fi network please follow the instructions on how to do this that came with your Brother printer. Or if you no longer have them download the Brother Printer Quick Setup Guide and refer to page 20.
- You have completed Step 2 with setting the Brother Printing Settings on a PC.
- You have created a Kiosk profile in your WhosOnLocation account with a unique username, password and PIN.
- You have downloaded WolKiosk from the Apple Store onto the iPad.
This is a quick setup…
- On your iPad, open the WolKiosk app.
- Enter the Kiosk’s username and password into the app.
- From the Kiosk homescreen select the blue Settings icon in the upper right of the screen and select Kiosk Settings.
- You will be prompted to enter the PIN number for this kiosk, then select Continue
- A window will appear. Set Print Visitor Passes this session? To Yes.
- Select ‘Select Printer’
- Choose the Printer you installed from the printer list
- Select Enter Kiosk
- To test the set up sign in a visitor.