Some of the key aspects of the kiosk settings include the:
- Access point – informs whether it is a standard or inter-zone kiosk
- Kiosk device – informs how the kiosk is displayed on your device
- Login details – how you log in to access your kiosk
To access the Settings tab for an existing kiosk:
- Go to Tools > Locations.
- Click View next to your location.
- Select Sign In/Out Kiosks from the left-hand menu.
- Click View next to your Kiosk.
Each kiosk should have a unique name that can be used to easily identify it. If you have multiple kiosks in your location, you will need to be able to tell them apart by name.
The access point is where in your location that the kiosk is situated, e.g. main reception, warehouse entrance, etc. The access point can either be standard or inter-zone only, which is set in the access point and zones settings, the type of access point determines the type of kiosk, and the settings available to configure.
The access point is also used for reporting in the People Presence Report so you know where a person signed in/out and through which kiosk; and is sent as part of the Sign In Notification so that a guest’s host knows where they have come on-site.
Select the type of device the kiosk is to be activated on, each device type has unique settings associated with it.
Standard PC with keyboard and mouse
This is a regular PC, not a touch screen, so no on-board keyboard will be displayed when it is selected. Because standard PCs have more screen space available without having an on-screen keyboard, you have the option to display multiple questions on one page or for every question to have its own page. Display options include:
- Display for Basic Questions – Separate screen will have every question on a different screen. All in one screen will have all the questions in each section of the basic questions, e.g. all contact info questions, on one page.
- Display for Custom Questions – Separate screen will have every question on a separate page/ All in one screen will have all questions from each custom questionnaire displayed on one page, if some questions are displayed conditionally, they will appear after their parent question is answered.
Touch screen PC
This is a windows-based device using a touch screen and required an on-screen keyboard to use. These are usually tablets but can sometimes be full touch screen monitors.
Under Keyboard layout, click Manage Layouts to select your preferred layouts to use for your on-screen keyboard and the default keyboard. Layouts match the most commonly used keyboard for the languages listed, e.g. the French layout is for the standard keyboard in France.
This is an iPad kiosk using the WolKiosk app. Select the Enable iPad Camera Scan checkbox to use the front-facing camera of the iPad as a scanner. This is only for QR Code scanning. The front-facing camera has limitations around what it can scan, and barcodes will only work if they are very large and at the perfect distance from the camera.
QR code poster
This option produces a PDF poster with a QR code that you can display in your location. It's a completely touchless option, where employees, service providers, and visitors can scan it with their smartphone, then sign in on their device.
Find out more about how to set up a QR code poster.
Login email address
The email address used to log into the Kiosk. This does not need to be a real or functioning email, it only needs to be in the email format, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org, and it needs to be unique. It does not need to be a real email address because it will never receive emails as the password is reset from the Kiosk settings, it is simply used as a unique identifier for the Kiosk.
Password and PIN
The Password used to log into the Kiosk. This is subject to the password strength rules set in your account settings. Enter this twice to confirm.
The four-digit PIN is used on the Kiosk to access the Kiosk settings, manually print passes, reset the print count, and log out of the Kiosk.
Auto timeout and countdown
If there has been no activity on the kiosk for a specified amount of time, the kiosk will return to the home screen.
You must have a time set for security reasons. You can choose between 30 seconds and four minutes.
Employee list privacy
How your employee host list is displayed. The dropdown list option is not available for iPad kiosk devices. For other devices, there are two ways to display this list:
- A dropdown list will begin generating all possible results as soon as the set character threshold is met. You can set this to 1 or 3 characters. The list will continue to refine as the visitor or service provider types in their host’s name until it is selected from the options displayed.
- A Results Indicator list will show when a result has been found after the set character threshold is met. You can set this to 3 characters or an exact match. If there is only one possible result, e.g. for an exact match, it will display that result for selection. If there are multiple results, the visitor or service provider can click the results indicator to see a list of all matches to pick from. If they continue to type it will narrow down the list until the indicator is selected.