Before you link your Kiosk PC to your printer using Google Chrome you need to have done the following:
- Created a Badge Pass Template. If you need to set up a Badge Pass Template follow our step by step article Setting up Badge Pass Templates.
- Installed your printer onto your Kiosk PC. If you need help doing this follow our handy guide Getting Started with Printing.
To link the receptionist PC to the printer, you need to configure the page settings then create a silent printing shortcut.
Configure Page Settings
- Open Google Chrome.
- Go to Menu > Print...
- Select More Settings.
- Set the Destination to your printer.
- Set Pages to All.
- Set Copies to 1.
- Set Layout to Landscape.
- Set Paper size to match your labels.
- Set Margins to Custom and use the following settings:
Top - 0.1"
Left - 0.19"
Right - 0.1"
Bottom - 0.1"
- Set Quality to your requirements.
Please Note: Higher quality settings will take longer to print.
- Set the Scale to 97.
- Disable Headers and footers.
- Disable Background graphics.
- Click Cancel to exit the print preview.
All of the print setup settings will be saved for your browser. Next you need to enable the silent printing configuration.
Create Silent Printing Shortcut
To enable silent printing mode, you need to create a desktop shortcut for chrome and edit the target in the properties.
- Right-click the Google Chrome icon on your desktop or in your file explorer.
- Select Create shortcut. If prompted to create on desktop select Yes.
- (Optional) Rename the shortcut for easier recognition.
- Right-click the shortcut.
- Select Properties.
- In the Target field, after what is currently there, enter --kiosk-printing "https://login.whosonlocation.com"
- Click Apply.
When opening this version of Chrome, labels will be printed automatically. Make sure no other Chrome windows are open before using this shortcut or the silent printing won't work.