How it works
WolScan is an iPhone app for ID scanning so you can scan, capture, and record a visitor’s photo ID.
To use WolScan, you need to:
When enabling the integration at a location, you have the choice to Enable Only or Enable & Activate:
- Enable Only – Makes the integration available at the location but will not activate it automatically, you will then need to go to the Questionnaire Manager to activate it and configure the options.
- Enable & Activate – Activates the integration at the selected location and automatically enables default settings. This means that you can begin using WolScan immediately.
We recommend reviewing these settings after activating the integration to ensure they are correct for your organization.
Once enabled, you have a 30-day free trial of WolScan. Each location can trial up to five devices during the trial period, after the trial, each device incurs a license fee. Two free devices per location are included with the Enterprise plan.
Enable the integration
To enable the WolScan integration:
- Go to Tools > Account.
- Select Integrations from the left-hand menu.
- Click WolScan.
- Click Enable, then click Confirm on the pop-up.
- Enable WolScan at either a single location or in multiple locations:
For a single location – click Disabled next to a location, then click Enable Only or Enable & Activate on the pop-up.
For multiple locations – select the checkbox next to multiple locations, click Run an Action, then select Change Status to. Select Enable or Enable & Activate, then click Run Action.
- Click Edit next in the Device Licences column to set the number of devices allowed to be connected at each location.
- Enter the number of device licenses, then click Save.
When WolScan is first enabled, the button next to your locations will change to orange. This shows you have enabled your 30-day free trial of WolScan.
Configure the ID verification options
WolScan options are configured from the Questionnaire Manager. To configure the WolScan options, you must be the Account Owner or have the Administrator user role.
- Go to Locations, then select the location from the drop-down list.
- Select Questionnaire Manager.
- Select the Identity Verification sub-tab.
- Check the ID Verification method. WolScan uses the Scan and Capture option which will be automatically enabled.
- Select the ID Verification Frequency. This defines how often a returning visitor’s ID needs to be scanned and captured. This field defaults to every visit.
If using the After ID Expires option, this will need to be one of the data fields captured.
- Select the ID Verification Retention Policy. This field enables you to set how long a copy of the visitor’s scanned ID is kept before being automatically deleted. It automatically defaults to 90 days.
The retention policy needs to be longer than the ID Verification Frequency to retain the information for a returning visitor. If the ID is deleted before the visitor returns, their ID will need to be scanned and captured again.
- Select the Capture Data Fields. This details what information from the visitor’s ID to capture. It defaults to all options. Not all information will be available on all types of ID. If required, any information missing can be entered manually after the scan.
- Select the Capture ID Image Parts. This dictates which parts of the ID to retain as an image in WhosOnLocation. It defaults to all options. All parts of the ID will be scanned, and information can be captured from any area, however, you may not want to store a photo of all information in WhosOnLocation.
- Enter the Identify Verification Screen Heading and Instruction. There is a default heading and message but you can customize the instructions that appear on the kiosk.
- Click Save.
If you are using kiosk rules without location defaults, you will need to enable the Scan and Capture option in your kiosk rules.
Once you've set up the integration and configured your settings, your Sign In/Out Managers can start using the WolScan app.