To use WolScan, within your WhosOnLocation account you need to:
How to Enable the Integration
To enable the WolScan integration, you must be the Account Owner or have the IT Support user role.
- Go to Tools > Account.
- Select Integrations from the left-hand menu.
- Click WolScan.
- Click Enable.
- Click Confirm on the pop-up.
- Enable WolScan at either a single location or multiple locations. See below for more details.
- Set the number of devices allowed to be connected at each location.
When WolScan is first enabled the button next to your locations will change to orange. This shows you have enabled your 30-day free trial of WolScan. Each location can trial up to five devices during the trial period. After the trial, each device incurs a license fee. Click here for more information on billing and device management.
When enabling the integration at a location, you have the choice to Enable Only or Enable & Activate:
Enable Only – Makes the integration available at the location but will not activate it automatically, you will then need to go to the Questionnaire Manager to activate it and configure the options.
Enable & Activate – Activates the integration at the selected location and automatically enables default settings. This means that you can begin using WolScan immediately.
See the Scan and Capture Options section below for a list of the defaults.
To enable a single location
- Click Disabled next to a location.
- Click Enable Only or Enable & Activate on the pop-up.
To enable multiple locations
- Check the checkbox next to multiple locations or use the Select All button.
- Click the Run an Action menu.
- Select Change Status to.
- Select Enable or Enable & Activate.
- Click Run Action.
How To Configure the Options
WolScan options are configured from the Questionnaire Manager. To configure the WolScan options, you must be the Account Owner or have the Administrator user role.
- Go to Tools > Locations.
- Click View next to the location.
- Select Questionnaire Manager from the left-hand menu.
- Select the Identity Verification sub-tab.
WolScan’s Scan and Capture option is now enabled.
- Configure the options. See below for more details.
- Click Save.
If you are using Kiosk Rules without location defaults, you will need to enable the Scan and Capture option in your Kiosk Rules.
Click here to follow the guide on how to set up your Kiosk Rules.
Scan and Capture Options
These options are available when the WolScan integration has been enabled only. The defaults for each option are set when Scan and Capture is activated.
You can choose different methods for ID verification. WolScan uses the Scan and Capture option which will be automatically enabled.
- Off – Visitors don’t need to provide ID.
- Scan and Capture – Use WolScan to capture a visitor’s ID and store automatically.
- Manual – Visitor’s ID details must be entered in WhosOnLocation manually.
Default: Scan and Capture.
ID Verification Frequency
Defines how often a returning visitor’s ID needs to be scanned and captured. If using the After ID Expires option, this will need to be one of the data fields captured.
Default: Every Visit.
ID Verification Retention Policy
Enables you to set how long a copy of the visitor’s scanned ID is kept before being automatically deleted.
Default: 90 days.
Capture Data Fields
Details what information from the visitor’s ID to capture.
Default: All options.
Capture ID Image Parts
Dictates which parts of the ID to retain as an image in WhosOnLocation. All parts of the ID will be scanned, and information can be captured from any area, however, you may not want to store a photo of all information in WhosOnLocation.
Default: All options.
You can customize the instructions that appear on the Kiosk informing the visitor of your policies and how to have their ID scanned.