Before you can use OnSentry, you need to:
- Go to Tools > Account.
- Select Integration from the left-hand menu.
- Select the OnSentry integration.
- Click Enable, then click Confirm on the pop-up.
Enable location access
Enable a single location
- From the Enabled Integrations tab, click Manage Settings next to the OnSentry integration.
- Click Disabled next to a location.
- Click Enable on the pop-up.
Enable multiple locations
- Check the checkbox next to the locations or use the Select All button.
- Click the Run an Action menu, then select Change Status to.
- Select Enable.
- Click Run Action.
Configure sync settings
From the location management settings in the integration:
- Select the Settings tab.
- Select the processing setting: Real time or Background.
- Click Save.
Each movement will be processed in real-time allowing for any trigger notices to display and ensuring people working on-site meet your health & safety requirements. This processing setting can only be used when connected to the internet, as the device needs to talk to your account to process the movement.
If not connected to the internet, OnSentry will revert to background processing.
Movements will be immediately recorded and the OnSentry user can continue processing people's movements without the delay of processing in real-time.
Movements will be sent to your account to be processed in the background. Any triggers that are activated due to these movements will send notifications when the movement is processed. However, pop-up and deny access triggers will not work with this background processing as the information is not returned to the device to display.
This setting can also be used when the device is offline. Once reconnected to the internet, movements are sent to the account for processing automatically.