How auto sign in/out works
Auto sign in/out can be enabled for locations by your WhosOnLocation Administrators. If a location is using auto sign in/out, you will be able to view and, if required, change your auto sign in/out settings for your smartphone.
There are three possible settings for auto-sign in/out:
- Automatic – you will be auto signed in/out when you enter/leave the location's geofence.
- Prompt – you will be sent a push notification asking you if you want to sign in/out when you enter/leave a geofence.
- Disabled – you will not be auto signed in/out or prompted.
You cannot set your personal settings higher than the location settings, e.g. if the location is set to prompt at sign in, you can either use prompt or disable the feature. You cannot use automatic as this is higher than the location settings.
Your location's WhosOnLocation Administrator has set up one or more geofences around the location. Geofences work with your smartphone’s location services. When you cross into or out of a geofence, your smartphone will alert WolMobile, which will trigger the auto sign-in/out settings (or inter-zone movement if configured).
Your location may also have Bluetooth beacons set up. Beacons make your auto sign-in settings more accurate. They are small Bluetooth devices that connect to your smartphone automatically. When you cross the geofence, your smartphone will start scanning for beacons. Once connected to a beacon, the auto sign-in settings will activate. Beacons are only used for auto sign-in. Once signed in, the smartphone will not check for beacons until signed out again.
Manage your settings
Your WolMobile auto sign in/out settings are automatically set to your location’s default. If you want to change them:
- Tap the profile icon in the top-left.
- Tap Auto sign-in/out settings.
- Tap a location to manage settings. If the location shows Unavailable, the location's WhosOnLocation Administrator has disabled auto sign-in/out.
- Tap Auto sign-in mode, then select the auto sign-in type.
- Tap Auto sign-out mode, select the auto sign-out type.
- Tap Confirm.
Each location has its own auto sign-in/out settings. You will need to make changes to these settings for each location individually.