Great news! We’ve released a brand new version of WolMobile. The new version is WolMobile V2, it has brand new features that will help you manage the presence and safety of your employees and service providers.
WolMobile V2 is a completely new application that requires a new set up in the WhosOnLocation application and for your users to download a new app. To help with your move to WolMobile V2 we have provided some steps and basic communications that can be edited and sent to your users.
There are typically five steps to migrating your users from WolMobile V1 to V2:
- Enable the new WolMobile V2 integration.
- Configure your new WolMobile V2 settings.
- Communications to your users.
- Send new invite links to users for WolMobile V2.
- Disable WolMobile V1.
Enabling WolMobile V2 Integration
The settings for V2 are separate to V1 so you can control your migration.
Click here for full instructions on enabling this integration or follow these steps:
- Go to Tools > Account.
- Select Integrations from the left-hand menu.
- Select the WolMobile integration.
- Click Enable.
- Click Confirm on the pop-up.
- Click Manage Settings next to the WolMobile integration.
- Enable your locations.
Configuring WolMobile V2 Settings
Once you have enabled the integration, you need to configure the settings for V2.
There are three different settings you can configure:
- General Settings.
- Auto Sign-In/Out.
Auto sign-in/out and SOS are new features but the general settings are the equivalent of what is available in V1.
One difference is if you are using Service Providers. Previously, you would configure Service Provider settings separate from the location. Now, these settings are all managed at the location level.
The table below shows the comparison of the old settings to the new settings:
Allow Sign In/Out
Set if employees can sign in/out using WolMobile.
Set if employees and/or Service Providers can sign in/out at this location.
Employee Location Services
Always follow on-site users
Set if you are using geolocation services and to what level.
Set if you want employees and/or service providers’ location tracking reported on while they are signed in. This is the equivalent of the Auto enable “Follow my Geolocation” setting.
Informing Your Current WolMobile V1 Users
We highly recommend communicating with your current V1 users informing them of the changes and what steps they need to take to move to V2. This might include:
- Why you are migrating to V2 including new features
- Instructions on how to download V2 and how to delete V1
- That they will receive an invite email with a new activation code to get started V2
- Links to Help articles on how to use V2
- Instructions on who to contact for help within your organization
You could send this using your own mailing system or from your WhosOnLocation application using the new Instant Message feature.
Click here for details on how to send instant messages from WhosOnLocation.
Here is an example of a template you could send your V1 users:
Dear [Employee Name]
As part of our Health & Safety requirements, you are required to sign in and out of our locations as you arrive/leave work each day.
To achieve this, we use WhosOnLocations app WolMobile which enables you to sign in/out of work from your smartphone. WhosOnLocation has developed a new version of this app that we move to from [Date].
What does the new version do?
The new WolMobile app has a number of new and improved features that will make signing in/out much easier for you. There are also some additional safety features for messaging and emergencies.
What do I need to do?
- On [Date], you will receive an email inviting you to WolMobile.
- Once received, you’ll need to delete your current WolMobile app from your phone (you do not need to sign out first).
- Click the link provided in the email to download the new version.
If you want to download the new version ahead of time, you can search for WolMobile V2 in your phone’s app/play store, download the new app, and wait for your new activation code to be sent.
How do I use the new app?
The interface for the new app has been updated and modernized, so it will look quite different to your existing app. It has been designed to be intuitive, to help familiarize yourself with the new app and discover all of the features, please read the user guides here:
If you need any help or have any issues, first contact:
If you still have questions please don’t hesitate to email WhosOnLocation at email@example.com.
Send New Invite Links
When you have communicated with your users of the changes, you can send your activation links to invite users to the new version on your chosen migration date.
You will need to send your activation links separately for each location and Service Providers. To do this:
- Go to your employee or members list.
- Use the # Records dropdown to display up to 1000 users.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and click Select All.
- Select Run an Action > Activate WolMobile.
- Select a Method of sending.
- Click Run Action.
Click here for more details on how to invite users to WolMobile.
Disable WolMobile V1
Prior to disabling V1 we recommend sending a reminder email to your WolMobile users informing them of the impending removal of V1. Once you have migrated all users to V2 you can disable the V1 add-on.
- Go to Tools > Account.
- Select Add-on Management from the left-hand menu.
- Set WolMobile Legacy to No.
- Click Save.
If you have any questions about V2, best practices for migrating, or need help with setup, we would recommend these Help articles to get started:
- Introduction: WolMobile
- Configuring WolMobile General Settings
- WolMobile FAQ
- Changes we've made to WolMobile V2
If you still have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.