Before you can configure and use identity management, you need to:
- Enable the Identity Management add-on and optional print requests
- Assign the Identity Manager and/or Location Print Manager user roles
A print location is a location that can manage the printing of ID cards. Whether your WhosOnLocation account has one location or hundreds, if you wish to centralize ID card printing then you would only add one location. If you want to de-centralize printing and have printing requests managed by multiple locations; you can add more than one. Identity Managers can add and remove print locations from the Identity Management section.
Enable the add-on
Turn on the Identity Management add-on, then choose the print request locations.
- Go to Tools > Account.
- Select Add-on Management from the left-hand menu.
- Set Identity Management to Yes.
- Click Save.
- From the add-on page, click Settings next to Identity Management.
- Switch the enable option to On.
- Select a print location, then click Add.
- Repeat for each print location as required.
- Click Close, then click Save.
Assign the user roles
There are two types of user roles you can assign for Identity Management:
- Identity Manager – can manage token types, add tokens to profiles, manage ID card templates, and print their own ID cards.
- Location Print Manager – can receive and manage ID card print requests only.
You can assign one or both roles to employees and they can be limited to a specific location(s) if required.
If the employee does not yet have access, you will need to send them a login permission email first.
To assign a user role:
- Go to Tools > User Roles.
- Search for an employee using the filters and/or keyword search.
- Click Manage Roles next to their name.
- Select the checkbox next to Identity Manager.
- Select either Global or Limited and which locations they will be an Identity Manager for.
- (Optional) Select the checkbox next to Location Print Manager and select locations. This will only be available if print requests have been enabled in the add-on.
- Click Assign Roles.