How it works
WOL eLearning courses are created in WhosOnLocation using the induction builder feature. Invitations to sit courses are sent to employees and/or contractors by email or text and are typically completed online before coming on-site.
When creating a course, you can set the audience to be specific to selected role types, departments, and/or locations. This means you can create courses with details specific to different roles or locations within your organization.
Typical setups require anyone in a course’s audience to have passed a course before they can sign in. To narrow a course audience, you can set up custom organization groups or member/employee roles and assign these based on the courses required.
Set up an eLearning course
To create an eLearning course, follow these steps:
- Assign the employee who will be building the eLearning course the Inductions Manager user role.
- Create a WOL eLearning induction course, this includes setting who the course is for, how many attempts they have to pass, and if entry is denied when the course expires.
- Add course assets to WhosOnLocation, includes any videos, images, or documents.
- Put together the course using the induction course builder.
- Invite your learners to take the course.