Use visitor pre-registration so you know who is coming on-site before they arrive at your location. Screen visitors and collect essential contact information in advance of their visit. This article explains the setup options for managing visitor pre-registration.
How visitor pre-registration works
Any employee with permission to log in to WhosOnLocation can pre-register visitors to meet with themselves or a colleague. Pre-registration ensures that there is a record of who is due on-site in the coming hours or days.
There are several features in WhosOnLocation that can be set up to work with visitor pre-registration. When a visitor is pre-registered, send them an email invitation asking them to complete their visitor profile. The profile opens in a web browser and includes the event details, contact information, and any basic or custom questions activated for pre-registration.
The suggested visitor pre-registration workflow in WhosOnLocation is:
- An employee pre-registers a visitor, either manually or using the calendar invites integration.
- The visitor receives a link to their visitor profile by email, sent automatically, X hours or days before the event.
- The visitor completes their profile, answering the required questions.
- The visitor receives their WolPass, either manually or as soon as they complete their profile.
- The visitor arrives on-site and scans their WolPass to sign in.
Visitor pre-registration is available without setting up questionnaires, WolPass, and the calendar invites integration. However, using them will create a much more streamlined experience for your visitors and will provide more oversight for your organization.
There is also a range of visitor pre-registration triggers available. Set up a trigger to get notified whenever an employee adds a pre-registered visitor, if a visitor questionnaire isn’t complete, or if they answer a question in a specific way.
Set up visitor pre-registration
To get the most out of visitor pre-registration, set up the following features:
- Configure the questionnaire invitation settings, so your visitors are asked to complete their profile before their visit.
- Enable the calendar invites integration so employees can pre-register visitors while adding a meeting in their calendar.
- Activate the basic visitor questions, then add any custom questions (either globally for multiple locations or for a single location).
- Set up WolPass email confirmations for quicker sign-in.
- Give your employees WhosOnLocation login permission so they can start pre-registering their visitors. You can also allow them to sign in their own visitors.