Hybrid working is becoming increasingly common, with employees splitting their time between working on-site and working remotely. With the Employee Scheduling add-on, employees can use OnLocation Mobile to schedule when they'll be working on-site. This gives visibility to where they'll be working each day so you can accurately manage occupancy across your location.
Employees can schedule to be on-site for full, partial, or multiple days, and if the Desks and Spaces add-on is also enabled, employees can book a workspace when setting their schedule.
The front-of-house staff has a clear view of who is scheduled in Sign In/Out Manager, along with the zone and space they're booked into use. There is also a dedicated Scheduling Report and workspace allocation is shown in the People Presence report.
Get set up
To start using employee scheduling, you'll need to set up the following:
- Enable the add-on and choose your scheduling settings.
- (Optional) Set up the paid Desks and Spaces add-on so employees can book a workspace while confirming their schedule.
- Update the Area/Zone Selection question in each location's Sign In/Out Questions so it's activated for Scheduling.
- If you aren't already using OnLocation Mobile, enable the integration and configure the settings.
- Let your staff know how scheduling on OnLocation Mobile works and ask them to install the most recent version of OnLocation Mobile for iOS.
Manage employee scheduling
To manage employee scheduling on an ongoing basis:
- View which employees are scheduled in Sign In/Out Manager.
- Run the Scheduling Report to see the upcoming bookings.
- Check the People Presence report to see which workspaces employees are using (if the Desks and Spaces add-on is enabled).
- Change the scheduling settings so they're location-specific.
- Set up triggers to manage occupancy in your zones.
Several enhancements are coming soon for employee scheduling:
- Enable custom questionnaires for scheduling. Employees will receive a questionnaire when they make a booking.
- Limit how far in advance employees can set their schedule.
- View other employees’ schedules on OnLocation Mobile.
- Select the scheduling mode in OnLocation Mobile. For each day, employees can select if they are working on-site or remotely.
Keep an eye on our product updates to see when the enhancements are released.