With the Employee Scheduling add-on, employees can use OnLocation Mobile to schedule where they'll be working so you can manage occupancy levels across your location.
Employees can select if they'll be working on-site or remotely, set their schedule for full, partial, or multiple days, and if the Desks and Spaces add-on is also enabled, they can book a workspace.
The front-of-house staff clearly knows who is scheduled in Sign In/Out Manager, along with the zone and space they're booked into. There is also a dedicated Scheduling Report, and workspace allocation is shown in the People Presence report.
Get set up
To start using employee scheduling, you'll need to set up the following:
- Enable the add-on and choose your scheduling settings.
- (Optional) Set up the paid Desks and Spaces add-on so employees can book a workspace while confirming their schedule.
- Update the area/zone selection question in each location's Sign In/Out Questions, so it's activated for Scheduling.
- If you aren't already using OnLocation Mobile, enable the integration and configure the settings.
- Let your staff know how scheduling on OnLocation Mobile works and ask them to install the most recent version of OnLocation Mobile for iOS.
Manage employee scheduling
To manage employee scheduling on an ongoing basis:
- View which employees are scheduled in Sign In/Out Manager.
- Run the Scheduling Report to see the upcoming bookings.
- Check the People Presence report to see which workspaces employees use (if the Desks and Spaces add-on is enabled).
- Change the scheduling settings so they're location-specific.
- Set up triggers to manage occupancy in your zones.