How it works
Triggers are used to automate actions based on sign in/out activity in WhosOnLocation. There are many different triggers available to help you manage your visitors, including sending welcome or farewell notifications, displaying messages on the kiosk, denying access to a location based on an answer to a custom question, and more.
To set up a trigger to send a welcome SMS, choose a trigger rule that meets your requirements. In the example below, an SMS is sent once a visit signs in using a kiosk.
Set up a trigger to send a welcome notification
- Go to Locations, then select the location from the dropdown list.
- Select Triggers.
- Click Create a New Trigger.
Trigger Details tab
- Enter the trigger name.
- Select Active next to the Trigger Status.
- Under Trigger Event, select Visitor Sign In.
- Click Next.
Trigger Rules tab
- Click Create a New Rule.
- Select the Visitor - Sign In Mode rule.
- Select Is the Following as the rule condition.
- Select Kiosk.
- Click Next.
Trigger Actions tab
- Click Create a New Action.
- Select Notification: Send a SMS as the action.
- Select Matched Person as the recipient type.
- Select Visitor who Signs In as the recipient.
- Enter the SMS message text. Use the placeholders to customize notification.
- Click Save & Close.
Next time a visitor signs in on a kiosk and enters their mobile number, they will be sent a welcome SMS.