How it works
Triggers are used to automate actions based on sign in/out activity in MRI OnLocation. There are many different triggers available to help you manage your visitors, including sending welcome or farewell notifications, displaying messages on the kiosk, denying access to a location based on an answer to a custom question, and more.
To set up a trigger to send a welcome SMS, choose a trigger rule that meets your requirements. In the example below, an SMS is sent once a visit signs in using a kiosk.
Your account must have the triggers add-on enabled to set up a trigger.
Set up a trigger to send a welcome notification
- Go to Locations, then select the location from the dropdown list.
- Select Triggers.
- Click Create a New Trigger.
Trigger Details tab
- Enter the trigger name.
- Select Active next to the Trigger Status.
- Under Trigger Event, select Visitor Sign In.
- Click Next.
Trigger Rules tab
- Click Create a New Rule.
- Select the Visitor - Sign In Mode rule.
- Select Is the Following as the rule condition.
- Select Kiosk.
- Click Next.
Trigger Actions tab
- Click Create a New Action.
- Select Notification: Send a SMS as the action.
- Select Matched Person as the recipient type.
- Select Visitor who Signs In as the recipient.
- Enter the SMS message text. Use the placeholders to customize notification.
- Click Save & Close.
Next time a visitor signs in on a kiosk and enters their mobile number, they will be sent a welcome SMS.