Learn how to enable the triggers add-on and assign the Triggers Manager user role. To enable add-ons you must be the Account Owner, and to assign user roles you must have the Administrator user role.
Enable the triggers add-on
To enable the add-on:
- Go to Tools > Account.
- Select Add-on Management from the left-hand menu.
- Select Yes next to Triggers.
- Choose either All or Selected below Locations Activated. If you choose Selected, select the locations to use triggers using the Update Selection button.
- Click Save.
Assign the Triggers Manager user role
The triggers add-on must be enabled before the Triggers Manager user role can be assigned.
Any Administrator can assign the Triggers Manager user role. However, to create and manage triggers, a user must have both the Administrator and Triggers Manager user roles.
To assign the user role:
- Go to Tools > User Roles.
- Search for the selected employee.
- Click Manage Roles next to their name.
- Select the checkbox next to Triggers Manager.
- Choose the type of role you want to assign:
Global Triggers Manager – they can manage triggers for all locations in the account (can only be assigned by a global administrator).
Limited – they can manage triggers only for those locations assigned to them (use the Update Selected Locations button to assign locations).
- Click Assign Roles.
Users with the Triggers Manager and Administrator user roles can now create triggers for your location.