How it works
These settings are used to set up who will receive help requests from contractors when they are signing in on your kiosk.
When a contractor is attempting to sign in, but their name is not found, a Help button appears for them to request assistance. If you do not have any contacts set up, they will be given the location’s phone number.
The Contractor Help tab will only show in the Notifications tab if you have contractors selected in the kiosk Mode tab. It will not appear for inter-zone kiosks.
To access contractor help for existing kiosks:
- Go to Locations, then select the location from the drop-down list.
- Select Sign In/Out Kiosks.
- Click View next to your kiosk.
- Select the Notifications tab, then select the Contractor Help tab.
You can then set up the recipients to be notified when a contractor requests help on this kiosk.
Set up recipient notifications
You can send notifications by email and/or text to up to three employees and one non-employee.
Set the employees under the Send to this employee fields, and the non-employee under the Send to this non-employee field.
For each recipient, you can select Send Notification via Email and/or Send Notification via Text (SMS), and you will see the recipient’s email and/or cell phone number appear next to each option.
The help process explained
Here is an outline of the help process for contractors and the notification recipients:
The contractor taps Sign In, enters their name, and taps Next.
Their name is not found, and they are presented with an error message and selects Help.
There are two options to choose from, select either:
- I can’t find my name – their name cannot be found because they have not been approved to sign into this location. They can then either try again (in case they spelled their name wrong) or ask to be contacted.
- I'd like to speak with someone – If there are recipients set up, the contractor is given the choice to either enter their cell phone number or email address to be contacted on.
They enter their chosen contact details, tap Contact Me, and are presented with a confirmation page which times out after 20 seconds. If there are no notification recipients set up in your settings, then the contractor will be given the location’s contact phone number.
The notification recipient will receive either an email or SMS notification depending on the type selected:
- Text (SMS)