About panic alarms
Your receptionists, lobby concierge, and security personnel are the first people your visitors interact with when visiting your premises. From time to time, your staff may deal with a disgruntled visitor or member of the public. If your staff feel that their safety or security is compromised, they can trigger a request for assistance from a kiosk or Sign In/Out Manager.
The request for assistance is automatically sent to your Panic Alarm Responders based on your notification settings:
- By email and SMS to multiple people within your organization
- By email and SMS to security contractors
- By email and SMS to other third parties
How it works
Once the panic alarm is triggered, your nominated Panic Alarm Responders for the location will receive a notification advising them of a request for assistance. The message includes your organization's name, location of the panic alarm, and the name of the access point where the panic alarm was triggered.
Your account will automatically create a record of the panic alarm, including:
- Date and time of the panic alarm activation
- Location name
- Name of person who activated the panic alarm (if triggered from the Sign In/Out Manager screen)
- Names of responders
Set up panic alarm for a location
There are several steps to set up the panic alarm: