What is a Panic Alarm Responder
Panic Alarm Responders are the people who need to be sent a notification when Panic Alarm is activated on the kiosk or from the Sign In/Out Manager. There are 4 types of Panic Alarm Responders:
- Employees with the Role Type of Panic Alarm Responder assigned to them.
- Service Provider Members with the Role Type of Panic Alarm Responder assigned to them.
- Other Employees that are not assigned under the Role Types option but nonetheless you wish to nominate them as Responders anyway. (you can add up to three employees).
- A non-Employee who is neither an employee or a service provider member.
In order for a Panic Alarm Responder to receive the Panic Alarm they must have an email address and preferably cell phone (mobile) number recorded in their profile. If you decide to have Panic Alarm Responders notified via text and a responder does not have a cell phone number recorded in their WhosOnLocation profile, they will not receive the Panic Alarm request.
Assigning the Panic Alarm Responder Role Type to an Employee
- Go to Tools > Locations
- Click View next to your location
- Select Employees from the left-hand menu
- Click View next to the chosen Employee
- For Employee Role Type select Panic Alarm Responder
- Click Save or Save & Close
Assigning the Panic Alarm Responder Role Type to a Service Provider
- Go to Tools > Service Provider Manager
- Select Members from the left-hand menu
- Select View next to the chosen Service Provider Member
- Select Organizations from the left-hand menu
- Click Organisation Roles
- Select Panic Alarm Responder
- Click Close
- Click Save or Save & Exit
In the next article we explain how to enable Panic Alarm Manager for Sign In/Out Managers at a location.