There are three options to print from an iPad, both require the Brother QL-720NW or QL-820NWB Printer:
Option 1 - AirPrint
This mode allows you to select a printer on the same network as your iPad by selecting from a list of AirPrint compatible printers. Go to the Kiosk Settings screen on your iPad Kiosk to select a printer.
Option 2 - Bluetooth
This mode allows you to select a printer connected to your iPad via Bluetooth by selecting from a list of connected printers. Go to the Kiosk Settings screen on your iPad Kiosk to select a printer.
Option 3 - Manual IP Address (see below steps)
If your network does not support AirPrint, you may have to enter your printer settings manually - enter in the IP address of your printer. Confirm that the settings are correct by selecting the Print Test Label button from your iPad Kiosk Settings screen. You must be using WolKiosk version 1.94 or higher for this function.
Printer IP Address
To set up direct printing, you will need to get the printer's IP Address and then set up the necessary settings for the kiosk in WhosOnLocation.
169.254, the printer was unable to connect to provide a working IP address. You will need to reconnect the printer to your computer to install it on the network.
Brother QL-720NW and QL-810W
On your Brother printer:
- Press and hold the cut button until labels begin printing.
Five labels will print out, the first three will be blank and can be discarded.
- On the fourth label, find the IP address line. It will be a series of numbers separated by periods (for example:
10.0.1.23), you will need to enter this into your Kiosk settings.
On your Brother printer:
- Press Menu on the printer.
- Go to WLAN and press OK.
- Go to WLAN Status and press OK.
- Select your connection type and press OK.
The IP Address will be listed under IP Addr.
Now that you have your printer's IP Address, you need to enter this into the Kiosk settings in WhosOnLocation.
- Go to Tools > Locations
- Click View next to the location with your iPad kiosk
- Select Sign In/Out Kiosks from the left-hand menu
- Click View next to your iPad kiosk (for existing kiosks)
You will be on the Settings tab.
- Ensure iPad is selected for Kiosk Device
The option for iPad Printing Mode will appear if iPad is selected
- Select Manual IP Address
The Printer IP Address field will appear
- Enter the printer's IP Address which you obtained from the steps above
- Click Save and Close
When you open the WolKiosk app on your iPad, the app will automatically connect to your Brother printer using its IP address.