How it works
Service provider members that have access to your Service Provider Portal have the Portal User role role. You can add as many portal users as you want, either by assigning them the Portal User contact role or by adding them in the Portal Users tab in Portal Administration.
To give access to the Service Provider Portal, a service provider member must first be given the Portal user role, then sent the login permission email.
Add a portal user
To add a member as a portal user:
- Go to Tools > Service Provider Manager.
- Select Portal Administration from the menu on the left side.
- In the Portal Users tab, click Add Portal Users.
- Enter the member's name into the search field, then select the member's name from the list.
- Click Add Portal User.
- Select the member(s) you want to send login permission to using the checkbox(es) on the right.
- Click the Run an Action menu.
- Select Send Login Permission Email.
- Click Run Action.
The chosen member/s will be sent an email prompting them to set up a password and log in to your Service Provider Portal.
Login permission status
You can track who has access to your portal, who has been sent permission but not acted on it, and who has not been given access yet by checking the login permission status of a member in the Portal Users tab. Each status represents a different stage the member is at with their permission:
- Active - The member has access to your portal and is using it
- Activated - The member has set up a password but has not yet logged in
- Pending - The member has been sent a login permission email but has not set up a password
- New - The member is a Portal User but has not been sent a login permission email
- Incomplete - The member is a portal user but doesn't have an email address in WhosOnLocation so cannot be sent a login permission email