How it works
SyncPortal is used to make synchronizing your employee data with MRI OnLocation easy and accurate.
Before you can begin syncing your employee information with OnLocation, you need to create one or more sync profiles. These are used to manage your data sync. A sync profile contains the rules to manage the incoming data, the field mapping from your source to OnLocation, and the Data Source.
To create a sync profile, you will need to first enable the SyncPortal integration. Then you can create your sync profile where you will set up the original field mapping and name your profile.
Enable the SyncPortal integration
- Go to Tools > Account.
- Select Integrations from the left-hand menu.
- Select the SyncPortal icon.
- Click Enable.
- Click Confirm on the pop-up.
Create a sync profile
With the SyncPortal integration enabled, you can create a sync profile. If you have just completed enabling the integration, you will be on the Enabled Integrations tab.
If you are returning to this section, select Integrations from the left-hand menu and select the Enabled Integrations tab.
- Click Manage Settings next to SyncPortal.
- Click Create Sync Profile.
Click Employee Accounts.
We currently support data sync for employees only. We hope to expand this to more people types in the future.
This step provides instructions for the field mapping. There are various connectors for uploading data. Select one of the pre-defined mappings or use manual mapping:
- Microsoft Online
- Active Directory
Map the available headers to the matching employee fields in OnLocation. This step is only required if you chose Manual in step 2.
You can always change this field mapping later.
These are the headers in your Data Source that haven't yet been assigned a field, you can add more by clicking Add New Header.
We automatically load the commonly used Active Directory Headers under the Active Directory tab.
Any new headers created will be added to the Manual tab.
Input headers and employee mapping
Drag and drop available headers into the appropriate input field. These will be matched with the corresponding fields in OnLocation:
- Unique Identifier - The number used by the system to identify the employee. This could be UUID/GUID on the remote system or the primary key from the imported database.
- Staff Name - The employee's name in OnLocation. This is a required field and must contain the first and last name of the employee.
- Email Address - The employee's email address used to log in and receive notifications.
- Alternative Name - A secondary name for the employee.
- Title - Job title, business title, etc.
- Employee ID - A unique number for the employee that can be used to sign in on a kiosk instead of their name. Different from the unique identifier.
- Phone Number - The employee's landline number.
- Mobile Number - The employee's mobile phone number, can be used to receive notifications.
- Extn - Extension number for the employee's landline.
- Location Name - The name of the employee's home location in OnLocation. This must match an existing location in OnLocation on import.
- Department Name - The employee's department. This must match an existing department in OnLocation on import.
- Notification Email - A secondary email that you want sign in notifications to be sent to.
- Photo - The employee's photo to be added to their profile.
When you're done click Continue.
Enter a name for your sync profile to identify it, then click Finish.
Your profile will be created and ready to begin configuring your sync.