Before you set up your integration you will need to have a Deputy account that is fully set up. It should have your locations and employees all created and configured. Deputy can push information to OnLocation so if there are employees in your Deputy account that aren't in your OnLocation account, they can be automatically created. This does not work in reverse.
Step 1: Enable the integration
Before importing data and configuring settings, you must first enable the Deputy integration.
- Go to Tools > Account.
- Select Integrations from the left-hand menu.
- Select the Deputy icon.
- Click Enable.
- Click Confirm on the confirmation pop-up.
You will be taken to the Enabled Integrations tab where you can now configure your integration.
Step 2: Sync your Deputy account to OnLocation
Before starting your sync, you must have your Deputy login details. You will need to work in both Deputy and OnLocation to gather and enter the required information.
From the OnLocation Enabled Integrations tab:
- Click Manage Settings next to Deputy.
- Read and select the checkboxes to acknowledge the statements.
- Click Get Started.
- Open a new tab and log in to Deputy OAuth Manager.
- In Deputy, click New OAuth Client.
- Enter OnLocation as the Name.
- (Optional) Enter the description and upload a logo image.
- Copy the Redirect URL shown in OnLocation and paste it into the corresponding field in Deputy.
- Click Save this OAuth Client.
- Copy the Client ID and Client Secret.
- Open the tab with OnLocation open. Paste the Client ID and Client Secret into the corresponding fields, then click Continue.
- Click Authorize Now. Clicking this will redirect you to your Deputy account to select your organization in Deputy that OnLocation is authorized to receive data from.
- Select your organization, then click Authorize.
You will then be redirected back to OnLocation for your locations and employees in Deputy to be imported to and/or synced with your OnLocation account.
OnLocation will display the number of locations and employees found in your Deputy account. Click Continue.
- Map your Deputy locations to your OnLocation locations by dragging and dropping the location. Click Continue
This will ensure your employees are added to the correct locations in OnLocation and when they sign in using Deputy, they are signed into the correct locations.
If you have any employees in Deputy that are not in OnLocation you can choose to import them once synced.
- Click Import to import missing employees or Skip if this is not required. If your employees are already set up in your OnLocation account, you will skip this step.
- Click Continue.
- Click Finish.