Once your Deputy account is synced with your MRI OnLocation account, there are a few settings that you can configure. You can also re-sync your account at any time and change the matching of locations and employees.
There are four sections to the Deputy integration:
Manage the integration settings
The settings screen contains the Deputy configuration overview where you can manage the authorization settings between Deputy and OnLocation.
- Go to Tools > Account.
- Select Integrations from the left-hand menu.
- Click the Deputy icon.
- Click Settings.
You can update the following settings:
- Resync Employees - Force sync of your employees' information from Deputy to OnLocation.
- Configure OAuth - View or change your Client ID and Client Secret from Deputy and View your OnLocation Redirect URI.
- Re-Authorize - If you are experiencing issues receiving data from Deputy you can re-authorize OnLocation to receive data. Select Re-Authorize, then Authorize Again. You will be redirected to Deputy to authorize OnLocation in the same way as it was done during the Wizard.
- Return to Wizard - Selecting this will take you back through the setup wizard. If you need to update information or want to force a full sync of data, you can go back through the Wizard.
- Add Deputy Staff to OnLocation - Select Yes if you want new staff entered into Deputy to be automatically added in OnLocation
- Deactivate Staff - Select Yes if you want any staff in OnLocation that are not in Deputy to be automatically removed when the account is next synced.
View and edit the matches of your OnLocation and Deputy locations. Fields include:
- Deputy Name - The names of your locations in Deputy.
- OnLocation - The OnLocation location that is matched with the Deputy location.
Click Assign to choose a different OnLocation location for your Deputy location to sync with.
The Employees page lets you view and edit the matches of your OnLocation and Deputy employees. If you did not import any employees from Deputy and have added them into OnLocation separately, they will be synced automatically within an hour. You can also match them manually here or go through the Wizard again to sync them automatically.
- Deputy Name - The name of the employee as it appears in Deputy.
- OnLocation Assignee - The name of the employee in OnLocation that is matched with the Deputy employee.
- Sync Status - The import status of the record:
- Duplicate - There was another record using the same unique identifier in Deputy so this record was not imported.
- Excluded - A rule excluded this record from being imported.
- Failed - The record was not imported due to an error with the data.
- Imported - A new employee was added in OnLocation with this data.
- Not Changed - The record in OnLocation matched the data in Deputy.
- Pending - Is still processing.
- Updated - The record in OnLocation was changed to match the data in Deputy.
Click Assign to change or add the OnLocation employee that is matched with the Deputy employee.
Manage sync rules
Rules are used in your Deputy integration to manage the import of employee data into OnLocation. They can be used to exclude people, set additional settings based on sync information, and trigger information updates.
You can create rule groups to apply rules to a group of people with specific attributes. You can also create filter, lookup, and update rules.
To create, view, and edit your sync rules:
- Go to Tools > Account.
- Select Integrations from the left-hand menu.
- Select the Enabled Integrations tab.
- Click Manage Settings next to Deputy.
- Select Sync Rules from the left-hand menu.
Add a rule group
Rules can either be applied to all employee data being imported or only to data that meets certain conditions. To apply rules to specific data only, you need to create rule groups specifying those conditions and then add rules to the group.
- Click Add Rule Group.
- Add a Rule Group Name to identify it.
- Set the Rule Status to Active, or set to Disabled if you do not want to apply the Rule Group.
- Click Create a New Condition for as many conditions as you want to set up for this group.
If conditions are created under the ALL section, then all conditions must be met for the rules to apply.
If conditions are created under the ANY section, then any one of the conditions can be met for the rules to apply.
The attributes for conditions are the fields imported from Deputy. You can set these to be exact, partial, inclusive, or exclusive.
- Click Add Group when you have set up your conditions.
The rule group will appear on the page in green if activated, or red if disabled, with an empty grey field to drag rules into.
Add a rule
A rule is something you want the data to do when it is importing. There are three types of rules which perform different tasks: Filter, Lookup, and Update.
When creating a rule, you can always name it, set the status, and set the conditions for the rule to apply; you can then add different attributes depending on the rule type.
To add a rule:
- Click Add Rule.
- Select the type.
- Add a rule name to identify it.
- Set the Rule Status to Active, or set to Disabled if you do not want to apply the rule.
- Click Create a New Condition for as many conditions as you want to set up for this rule.
If conditions are created under the ALL section, then all conditions must be met for the rule to apply.
If conditions are created under the ANY section, then any one of the conditions can be met for the rule to apply.
The Attributes for conditions are the information being imported from Deputy. You can set these to be exact, partial, inclusive, or exclusive.
- Add any special attributes based on the type.
- Click Add Rule when you are finished.
The rule will appear on the page in blue if activated, or red if disabled, and when activated will apply from the next import. Each rule type has its own icon to help you identify it.
A filter rule will exclude items matching conditions from importing. This is used if you have employees that you do not want added to your OnLocation account.
Filter rules will not delete existing employees, they will only prevent new employees with those conditions from being imported.
A lookup rule will look up a value being imported and change it to another specified value. This is commonly used to match locations or departments from Deputy to the correct values in OnLocation.
You can create list lookups or one-to-one lookups by selecting either Create a New List Lookup or Create a New 1:1 Lookup. You can add as many lookups to a rule as required, including both list and 1:1.
A list lookup will check for a list of different options from a Deputy attribute and set it to a single OnLocation attribute. E.g. Any of a series of location names in Deputy will be set to a single location in OnLocation
A 1:1 lookup will check for a single attribute in Deputy and set it to a single attribute in OnLocation. E.g. Any employee with the location HQ in Deputy can be set to Head Office in OnLocation.
An update rule will set or add details to attributes in OnLocation, set Global Roaming rules, or set Employee Role Types. It is based solely on the conditions of the rule and will apply any updates to any employee that meets the conditions.
You can add a prefix or suffix to an attribute, or set an attribute, in OnLocation:
- Adding a prefix will add details to the beginning of an attribute, e.g. a country code for cell phone numbers.
- Adding a suffix will add details to the end of an attribute, e.g. adding a title to the end of a name.
Setting an attribute will simply set a OnLocation attribute to a specified value for all that meet the condition of the rule.
Choose Set Global Roaming Locations to configure any rules for Global Roaming for your employees, e.g. employees in corporate locations have Global Roaming to any locations.
Global Roaming is not something that you can set through your Deputy import so if you want employees to have access to multiple locations you will need to add rules to set Global Roaming rights.
Learn more about global roaming.
Employee role types
Choose Assign Role to set employees' role types. Employee role types are used in OnLocation for a combination or identifying an employee's role in the organization and special features for that employee, e.g. Non-Host will hide that employee from being selected as a host during visitor sign in.
You cannot assign role types through the information imported directly from Deputy, if you want to assign specific role types to employees, you need to add rules to do so, e.g. employees with the department Warehouse Operations Management will have the Role Type of Safety Operator.
Click here to find out more about employee role types.
Move, edit, and delete rules
You can order your rules to determine which rules are applied to your sync first, by moving them up and down, and you can move your rules inside rule groups. You can edit any rules that are currently set up to change the details, enable/disable them, or delete them.
Move – To move your rules and change their order, click and hold the icon in the top-left corner of the rule and drag it up and down. You can also drag a rule inside a Rule Group to add it to that group and change the order of rules inside a group.
Edit and Delete – To edit or delete a rule, click on the rule anywhere other than the movement icon, this will open the rule's setup. Edit the rule by making any changes and clicking Save. Or delete the rule by clicking Delete and selecting Yes on the confirmation pop-up.