The field mappings for your sync profile determine which headers in your data source match which fields in WhosOnLocation. You set these up when creating your sync profile and can view and edit them from the Headings tab.
You must have enabled the SyncPortal integration and created a sync profile before editing the field mappings.
The headings you use will depend on your data source, the Active Directory headings are automatically enabled, as this is the mostly commonly used data source. However, if you are not using Active Directory, you can manually create your own headings and map them.
View field mapping
To view your sync profile's field mapping, you must navigate to your sync profile:
- Go to Tools > Account.
- Select Integrations from the left-hand menu.
- Select the Enabled Integrations tab.
- Click Manage Settings next to SyncPortal.
- Click Settings next to your sync profile.
- Select the Headers tab. The field mapping is your current configuration. This is what was set up when the profile was created but will also reflect any changes made since then.
- Click Edit Field Mappings to change the headers that are mapped to WhosOnLocation fields.
Edit field mapping
You will be presented with the same page used during your profile setup, with the instructions for mapping at the top of the page in green.
These are the headers in your Data Source that haven't yet been assigned a field, you can add more by clicking Add New Header. We have automatically loaded the commonly used Active Directory headers under the Active Directory tab. Any new headers created will be added to the Manual tab. Any headers removed from their current mapping, that were used in your last sync, will be added to the Last Sync tab.
Input headers and employee mapping
Drag and drop Available Headers into the appropriate Input field. These will be matched with the corresponding fields in WhosOnLocation.
- Unique Identifier - The number used by the system to identify the employee. This could be UUID/GUID on the remote system or the primary key from the imported database.
- Staff Name - The employee's name in WhosOnLocation. This is a required field and must contain the first and last name of the employee.
- Email Address - The employee's email address used to login and receive notifications.
- Alternative Name - A secondary name for the employee.
- Title - Job title, business title, etc.
- Employee ID - A unique number for the employee that can be used to sign in on a kiosk instead of their name. Different from the unique identifier.
- Phone Number - The employee's landline number.
- Mobile Number - The employee's mobile phone number, can be used to receive notifications.
- Extn - Extension number for the employee's landline.
- Location Name - The name of the location in WhosOnLocation that is the employee's home location. This must match an existing location in WhosOnLocation on import.
- Department Name - The employee's department. This must match an existing department in WhosOnLocation on import.
- Notification Email - A secondary email that you want sign in notifications to be sent to.
- Photo - The employee's photo to be added to their profile.
When you're done click Save, or click Cancel to exit without saving.