With SyncPortal, you can manage your OnLocation employee information using any third-party employee database system. You can also map any custom headings to fields in OnLocation, create rules to manipulate the data being imported to fit your setup, and view a record of each import including what was added, changed, or any errors.
How it works
SyncPortal is used as a connector between your external data source and OnLocation:
- Information from your data source comes into SyncPortal.
- Fields from your data source are matched with fields in OnLocation.
- Custom rules are applied to manipulate the data.
- Any changes from your data source, including adding or removing employees are applied.
You can then view all of the changes through the sync logs. This will include who has been added, who and what has been edited, what rules were applied, and any errors that occurred.
- Set up multiple sync profiles which are used to sync from multiple sources or scripts. Each profile can have custom headers for field mapping and rules for managing the data.
- Custom field mapping allows you to use any headers in your data source and ensure that they are mapped to the correct fields in OnLocation.
- Create rules to apply to your data. These can set global roaming, locations, departments, and automatically manipulate your data so that it is imported to your specific requirements.
- Connect third-party databases – Sync various third-party employee databases using sources ranging from Active Directory to a CSV file. Some data sources will need to use external tools to send the information to SyncPortal and others, such as Active Directory, will be able to send information through a simple script.
- View the results of each sync using the sync logs. Including what was added or changed, what rules are being applied to which people and why, and if there were any errors in the import and the details of those.
- Test your database sync by setting your sync profile to dry run. This will not import, edit, or delete any information, but will show a log of what would have happened if it did. This allows you to pick up any errors with your import, ensure that all data is being synced correctly, and all rules are in place before going live with your SyncPortal.
Information managed through SyncPortal
SyncPortal can manage any contact details for an employee, their location and department, and, through rules, their role types and Global Roaming status.
You can automatically sync information to the contact detail fields for employees using the built-in field mapping to translate your data source headers into OnLocation fields.
The following information is not managed through SyncPortal: exmployee tokens, inductions, and certifications.