Two label sizes are supported for the Seiko SLP650 printer:
- 71 x 49mm (2.8125” W x 1.935” H)
- 101 x 54mm (3.976" x 2.126")
The Seiko SLP650 printer is not yet included in OnLocation's badge pass settings. To use this printer, you'll need to select one of the following printers and label sizes in your badge pass settings:
- TEMPBadge 71 x 49mm (2.8125” W x 1.935” H)
- Dymo 101 x 54mm (3.976" x 2.126")
The printer has also been tested using Threshold self-expiring labels:
- Thermal Printable TAB-Expiring Badge, 3" - Use TEMPBadge 71 x 49mm (2.8125” W x 1.935” H) in OnLocation
- Thermal Printable TAB-Expiring Badge, 4" - Use Dymo 101 x 54mm (3.976" x 2.126") in OnLocation
Before you start
Install the Seiko SLP650 printer onto your Windows PC. You'll need to follow their install guide.
Step 1: Update your device's printer settings
Set the printer preferences to match those of the badge pass template you set up:
- On the receptionist’s PC or kiosk, go to the Control Panel.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the Seiko SLP650 printer, then select Printing Preferences.
- Set the orientation to Landscape.
- Set page order to Front to Back.
- Select Advanced.
- Set the paper size to match the template.
- Set graphics print quality to 300 x 300 dots per inch.
- Click OK, then click OK again to exit.
Step 2: Set up a badge pass template
To print badge passes, set up a template that matches your label size:
- Go to Locations, then select the location from the drop-down list.
- Select Badge Passes.
- Click Create a New Badge Pass, then select the type of badge pass.
- Choose Dymo 450 or TEMPbadge BP4 / GoDex DT4 as the printer.
- Select 101 x 54mm (3.976" x 2.126") or 71 x 49mm (2.8125” W x 1.935” H) as the label size.
- (Optional) Select Yes to enable the default Sign In/Out Manager label option.
- Enter the Badge Pass Name.
- Click Select Template to choose the templates available with the chosen badge pass size.
- Click on the template, then click Select.
- If you'd like a logo printed on the pass, click Upload Logo and select the file.
- Use the switches to choose which information you want to appear on your badge pass.
- Click Save.
Step 3: Configure your browser's print settings
Before you can start printing badge passes, check that your browser is printing the labels correctly:
- Click Test Print Label to check the pass.
- Update the print settings. The settings will depend on the browser you're using.
- Click Print.
- Once the labels are printing correctly, click Save & Close in OnLocation.