Learn how to update your email and domain settings so you can receive emails from OnLocation.
Many ISPs and email providers have spam filters or use blocklists to remove unwanted emails. OnLocation uses SPF records, DKIM signatures, and DMARC policy to improve our mail delivery. Some filtering programs may still incorrectly identify emails from OnLocation as spam.
Set up your email provider to allow emails from OnLocation
If you use any of the following email providers, follow these steps to make sure you receive emails from OnLocation.
- Go to Settings Mail.
- Under Options, select Block or allow.
- Enter the email address in the Enter a sender or domain here field, then click the Add icon.
- (Optional) Select the Trust email from my contacts check box to treat email from any address in your contacts folders as safe.
- Click Save.
For help, check the Microsoft Support website.
- Open the OnLocation email, click the reply icon.
- Click the email address, then click More info.
- Click the add to contacts icon.
- Open the OnLocation email, click Message in the menu bar.
- Click Add Sender to Address Book.
Unblock OnLocation domains
To set up access to your OnLocation account for end-users, ask your IT team to add the following email addresses and domains to your unblocked list.