In this article we explain how to activate the Visitor Notification Alerts. You must be an Administrator to access the Visitor Notification Alerts.
Whenever a visitor checks in, you can have their host automatically notified.
There are three types of visitor notifications:
- Email notifications are free with all WhosOnLocation Plans. By activating email visitor notifications, all people (like employees) with an email address recorded in their WhosOnLocation profile will automatically have email visitor notifications turned on.
- SMS (text) notifications are included in each plan with a capped number based on the plan. In order for SMS (text) notifications to work the employee must have a mobile (cellular) phone number recorded in their WhosOnLocation profile.
- Push notifications are free and unlimited with all plans. They require the employee to have WolMobile and to grant the app permission to send notifications.
Visitor Notification Options
- Employees can turn their email, Push and/or mobile visitor notifications off or on through the employee dashboard.
- Employees can also choose to add other people (like a team support or personal assistant colleague) to their visitor notifications.
- Administrators can deactivate and/or edit any staff member’s visitor notification settings.
- For employees to receive push notifications for visitor and service providers, the employee must have WolMobile installed, grant permission to send notifications, and have an active internet connection either through wi-fi or mobile data.